Monday, March 04, 2013

Time travel, you say?

The media/writing guru Kristen Lamb once advised writers not to just blog about their writing. Readers are interested in all aspects of a writer's life and one would be well-advised to write about all the different aspects of one's life instead of solely about writing or reading or books in general or publishing.

I don't know if I've just not read enough writer's blogs out there, but nearly all the ones I have read talk pretty much about writing. I feel like I'm the only one wearing red at a little-black-dress cocktail party. It doesn't bother me to be different because I've always liked not following the crowd. But, I do wonder if that's the reason why I don't get visits from a lot of writers, besides a handful of writer-friends.

Well, today, I'm going to talk about writing! Sort of.
My talented Science-Fiction critique group, The Minnows - comprised of writers who have been published by e-zines and paper 'zines, won awards, as well as an author who has several books published by Samhain - has put together an e-anthology of time-travel tales called "Out of Time."

Each of us has written a time-travel tale inspired by unique perspective and sensibilities. This was an effort to challenge ourselves to write to a theme as well as to write for a charity. "Out of Time" is now available at Smashwords for 99¢ and all proceeds will go to Doctors Without Borders.

If you like reading science-fiction, especially for a good cause, hop on over to Smashwords to get a copy!

To learn more about some of the other members of my critique group, check out the following links:
Janet Guy
K.P. Hornsby
Russell James
or find us on the Facebook page.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams